Tuesday 13 January 2015

December/January buys and presents

Hi Guys!
Hope you're all having a good week, as I was doing my makeup this morning I realised how many of the products I was using were new to my collection. As the Christmas period came and went, January sales were short after and therefore I seem to have gathered quite a few products! So lets get into them....



Benefit They're Real Kit

One present I got this Christmas was the Benefit They're Real kit. The kit contains They're Real mascara, They're Real push-up liner, and They're Real remover. The 3 products came in a little Benefit bag and were the perfect stocking filler. I already had a sampler size of the mascara and new I wanted a full size one and also really wanted to try the liner - the remover was just a bonus! As I said I had already tried the mascara which I think could be my favourite mascara ever when it comes to volume and thickness, the liner however was a disappointment. I really wanted to join the hype and absolutely love this liner however I just found it too hard to apply even though when it is on it doesn't budge and is the perfect matte black. I think this is one of those products I will have to grow to love with a lot of practise!


MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder & MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush

I was in desperate need of a new face powder and had heard great reviews about this one from MAC. I got mine in the shade medium and it is the perfect match. It is long-wearing and doesn't become cakey on the skin which will be especially perfect come summer time. You only need the tiniest bit of product to cover the whole face which is also a plus. With the powder I also got a MAC Powder brush in 129, this does the job perfectly and I find it much easier to use than the powder puff the powder came with.


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

I've always used Real Techniques when it comes to foundation as I've found they're very affordable and do the job well however I normally used the Miracle Complexion Sponge. When I went to my local Boots to pick up a new one (mine is now well used and practically ruined!) they didn't have any in store so I went for the Expert Face Brush instead. I use this brush with a spray of MAC Fix+ on it and have honestly noticed a difference in my foundation, I now love this brush as it provides complete coverage and doesn't allow for streaky lines. 


MAC Blue Flame and Chrome Angel

During December I managed to go to a makeup outlet in Liverpool. They had lots of discontinued and limited edition MAC, Estee Lauder, Smashbox etc and I managed to pick up these two items for a discounted price. The first is Blue Flame Mineralize Eye Shadow which comes out as a dark blue with royal blue reflex of glitter throughout. I love this eyeshadow it was perfect for December nights out! The second product is Chrome Angel Pro Longwear Paint Pot which I am yet to use. The product; like all MAC Paint Pots is incredibly creamy and the colour is a very true silver, I will have to play around with this and see how it goes!


Collection Colourlash All Day Wear Colour Mascara - 1 Clear

I was looking for a simple clear mascara to use to set my brows as the one I had been previously using (Eyebrow Fix by H&M) had gone gunky and wasn't doing it's job so I picked up this one for just £1.99 which was a steal. This product does exactly what I want it to do and for the price is perfect. 


L'oreal Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum

This was a repurchase for me as i'd used this product in the summer and absolutely loved it but never got round to repurchasing it. I use about two pumps a night and it covers my whole face with a noticeable smoother difference almost immediately. A product I will always repurchase! 


MAC Keepsakes Eye Bag - Smokey

This may be my favourite product in this whole post just because of the cutest glittery bag the products come in. But despite the bag, the actual products you get is the Zoom Lash Mascara in Black Extreme, Engraved Powerpoint Eye Pencil and a Extra Dimension Eyeshadow Duo in Treasure me/Tall, Dark and Handsome. The mascara is probably my favourite MAC mascara I've tried in terms of length and the liner is incredibly precise as I have Smoulder by MAC which is very similar however not waterproof like Engraved, which for me is very important in an eyeliner. The duo I am yet to try however swatched they are incredibly pigmented.



That's all my products for now! What did you get over the last few months that you've been loving? See you in the next one!
Beth xo









No comments:

Post a Comment