Wednesday 18 March 2015

March Haul - YSL, MAC Cinderella, Kiko

Hello!
I've been doing a little bit of shopping recently and haven't got much but its all things I'm very excited about! Its a mix of online shopping, duty free and the Cinderella lipsticks I was on a crazy hunt for and ended up getting them when on holiday in Ireland this weekend! So let's get into it...



YSL Rouge Volupte - 32




This is probably the prettiest thing I have ever owned in my life. I've always always always wanted a YSL Lipstick but could never justify the cost so when we were in duty free my mum got this for me as a present and it was only £20.50 instead of £26. The packaging is amazing and so is the product. I got the shade 32 as it was the perfect pink shade for me and is so moisturising but still long wearing as it is more than a coloured lip balm. My dream would be to have every shade YSL has ever made but I've got a long way to go! For now this will definitely do...


MAC Cinderlla Lipsticks - Free As A Butterfly (Left) and Royal Ball (Right)




The struggle I went through to get these was real. I really wanted the Stroke of Midnight Eyeshadow Palette and still do but it seems to have sold out everywhere! Anyway, the lipsticks... Aside from the obviously stunning packaging and  hype around these colours I do really love the shade of Royal Ball. I am not too sure on Free As A Butterfly as it seems like a sheer wash of glitter however I have only swatched them and am yet to try them on so I will let you know what I think!


Kiko Cosmetics - Face Makeup Fixer,  Ultra Tech Mascara, 225 Nail Varnish, Tweezers


I was incredibly intrigued by the Face Makeup Fixer as it was something I'd never heard of before so I thought I'd give it a try. It's described as a 'Fragrance-free make up fixer spray' on the website however spraying it comes off with a very strong industrial alcohol smell, almost like a really cheap, strong hairspray scent. I am yet to try it on my face but hoping it isn't just an oversold hairspray.



I'm a big fan of trying new mascaras as I go through them quickly so I like drugstore mascaras that do the job. I added the Ultra Tech Mascara to my basket as I tried a Kiko mascara before and loved it. It has a flexible want and the website states 'Its longer, "comb effect" bristles make your lashes longer, more separated and defined.' I'm getting to the end of both of my high end mascaras so hopefully this will be a good replacement! 

I also got a nail varnish which is in the shade 225. It a beautiful purple shade with coloured glitters throughout it and I've always been a fan of Kiko nail varnishes so had to pick this up!

Then lastly I just got some new tweezers. I normally use Revlon tweezers but have misplaced them and the ones I'm using at the moment I can't get used to so it makes doing my eyebrows a huge ordeal! This ones weren't too pricey so again, I thought I'd try them out.


That's all the beauty products I've got so far this month! Definitely going to try and purchase drugstore make up more from now on however it is my birthday in a month so we'll see what happens! What new products have you picked up recently? 
Hope you enjoyed!
Speak soon, 
Beth xo








1 comment: